West Bedlington Town Council has set up a Community Chest scheme which gives local voluntary groups and organisations a chance to bid for funding. This might be to help establish a new group or to carry out extra activities that they wouldn’t otherwise be able to do e.g. sporting activities, arts, music or craft group, new equipment for a youth club but these ideas will be coming from the community themselves.
To qualify for an award the applicant must be able to demonstrate clearly that any funding from West Bedlington Town Council will benefit the Town, or residents of the Town.
Grant applications will be dealt with by the full Council. In determining the validity of an application, the Council will refer to the following guidelines:
Applications will be considered for the following purposes:
- For the purpose of purchasing equipment or materials either in part or in full.
- For the purchase of services e.g. venue hire or transport that will enable group members to partake in a group trip or outing regardless of their incomes.
- For running costs (but not wages) of a viable group that is experiencing a period of hardship.
- For the provision of recreational activities and facilities.
- For activities that raise the profile of the area.
For more details and to make an application, please download an application form below (Microsoft Word or PDF).